Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Gift of Eternity

In honor of it being Easter Sunday today, I found myself in Sacrament meeting writing a poem. It is not entirely strictly an Easter poem, but it reminds me of the reason for this particular holiday. I have called it Eternal Gift.

Eternal Gift

Child thy sins forgiven still,
Have peace in thy heart instilled.
I am with thee even now,
As thy head thou doth humbly bow.

When thou takes the Sacrament,
Remember my body spent-
Bruised, broken, and whipped for thee;
To lead thee to Eternity.

On the cross my life I gave,
Yet my anger still was stayed.
Them their sins were swept away
There in Gethsemane that day.

Easter is a time for joy-
Chains of death and Hell destroyed.
I have conquered sin and death,
My mercy reaches every depth.

Do not doubt my gentle love-
I descended from above;
Gave my life to ease thy pain,
Then later took it up again.

I can give thee everything,
I will make thy Spirit sing.
Turn to me when in the dark,
Thou wilt find the Living Spark.

Standing here in my embrace,
Thou wilt find thy holy place-
Where my love will never cease,
Within the Kingdom of my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment