Saturday, November 30, 2013

Atoning Grace

Here is my last "Grace" poem, one of my favorite of the poems I have written.

Atoning Grace

Gentle daughter, do not fear.
Know ye not I'm always near?
I'll not leave thee in the dark,
Thou hast not yet missed the mark.

Thru thy pain I quiet reach,
Listen to the words ye speak.
My gentle voice whispers soft
Thru the waves thou hast been tossed.

I hath sent the storms to thee,
Asking thee to trust in me.
I will be thy gentle stay
As I lead thee on thy way.

Thou hast yet a lot to come
On the path that leads thee home.
I will give thee strength to bear
All the burdens sent thee there.

Daughter thou art yet a saint,
And I hear thy soul's complaint.
Even those with mighty strength
Only run a little length.

I ask thee to do thy best,
Then I come to do the rest.
All I ask is for some faith,
Then I succor thee in grace.

As I come to lift thee up,
I will take thy bitter cup.
I can't take away thy pain,
But I'll give thee strength again.

I will bear thy burdens too
As with grace I pull thee through.
Peace will enter in thy heart
As ye strive to do thy part.

Satan's chains will harder pull,
Trying ye to falsely lull.
When the darkness closes in,
Turn to me in need therein.

With my strength ye can move on,
Sorrow, pain, and heartache gone.
My atonement was for all;
Every pain and every fall.

Ye can enter in my joy
But ye must my help employ.
I will help thee come back home,

Thou wilt reap what thou hast sown.

No comments:

Post a Comment